BROMALEX® Tablet is used for:
- Symptomatic treatment of severe and/or invalid anxiety manifestations.
- Prevention and treatment of delirium tremens and other alcohol withdrawal manifestations.
- Bromazepam (I.N.N) ……………………….. 6mg
- Excipients: q.s.f ……………………….. 1 tablet
The treatment shall begin with the minimal most effective dose and the maximal dosage shall never be passed.
+ In normal practice: 1 tablet daily:
- ¼ tablet in the morning (1.5 mg),
- ¼ tablet at noon (1.5 mg),
- ½ tablet in the evening (3 mg).
The dosage is then reevaluated in terms of therapeutic response.
+ In psychiatry:
- For ambulatory patients, the dosage is between 6 and 18 mg.
- For patients whose severity of the anxiety requires hospitalization, it is possible to prescribe higher doses: 24 to 36 mg per day.
Children, elderly patients, patients with renal failure or hepatic: it is recommended to decrease the dosage to half of the normal dosage.
Mode of administration: Oral route.
Duration of treatment: varies from a few days to many weeks depending on the doctor’s evaluation and the patient’s therapeutic response. In most cases, the duration is between 8 to 12 weeks.
In the case of delirium tremens, the duration of treatment is from 8 to 10 days.
Conditions for stopping the treatment: progressive with decrease of dosage in several weeks.
STORAGE: Store below 30ºC. Protect from light, heat and humidity.
- Drowsiness, headache, ataxia, diplopia.
- Asthenia, decrease of vigilance, somnolence (particularly in elderly patients),
- Muscular hypotonia,
- Skin eruptions, itching or not,
- Modification of libido.
- Pregnancy: the usage is possible if respect the indications and dosage.
- Breast-feeding: contraindicated.