PYRANTOX® Tablet is used for treatment of Ascaridiasis, Oxyuriasis, Ankylostomasis.
- Pyrantel pamoate equivalent to pyrantel ……………. 125mg
- Excipients: q.s.f ……………………. 1 tablet
In all cases, you must strictly comply with your doctor’s prescription.
For adult and child over 6 years old
Ascaridiasis and Oxyuriasis: The usual dose is 10 mg/kg to 12 mg/kg as a single dose, or:
- Child: 1 tablet per 10 kg of body weight.
- Adult less than 75 kg: 6 tablets.
- Adult over 75 kg: 8 tablets.
+ In case of severe infestation: The dosage is 20 mg/kg divided into 1 or 2 doses, and repeat the dose for 2 to 3 days. Or:
- Child: 2 tablets per 10 kg of body weight.
- Adult less than 75 kg: 12 tablets.
- Adult over 75 kg: 16 tablets.
+ In case of slight infestation: The dosage is 10 mg/kg as a single dose.
Mode of administration: Oral route.
STORAGE: Store below 30ºC. Protect from light, heat and humidity.
- Rarely: anorexia, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain.
- Pregnancy: This drug can be used during pregnancy only if necessary.
- Breast-feeding: Avoid taking this drug during breast-feeding, except in case of strict necessity.