PYRANTOX® Oral suspension is used for treatment of Ascaridiasis, Oxyuriasis, Ankylostomasis.
PYRANTOX® Oral suspension:
- Pyrantel pamoate equivalent to pyrantel ………………. 250mg
- Excipients: q.s.f ……………………………. 5ml
In all cases, you must strictly comply with your doctor’s prescription.
SHAKE WELL BEFORE USE
For adult and child over 12 kg:
Ascaridiasis and Oxyuriasis:
The usual dose is 10 mg/kg to 12 mg/kg as a single dose for adult and child, or:
- Child: 2.5 ml per 10 kg of body weight.
- Adult less than 75 kg: 15 ml.
- Adult over 75 kg: 20 ml.
+ In case of severe infestation: The dosage is 20 mg/kg divided into 1 or 2 doses, and repeat the dose for 2 to 3 days, or:
- Child: 5 ml per 10 kg of body weight.
- Adult less than 75 kg: 30 ml.
- Adult over 75 kg: 40 ml.
+ In case of slight infestation: The dosage is 10 mg/kg as a single dose for adult and child.
Mode of administration: Oral route.
STORAGE: Store below 30ºC. Protect from light, heat and humidity.
- Rarely: anorexia, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain.
- Pregnancy: This drug can be used during pregnancy only if necessary.
- Breast-feeding: Avoid taking this drug during breast-feeding, except in case of strict necessity.