MEPERINE® Oral suspension is used for symptomatic treatment of:
- Discomfort related to a slow moving stomach: feeling of fullness during or shortly after the meal, heavy stomach, bloating, excessive belching, nausea, vomiting, and sometimes a burning feeling and pain in the stomach area.
- Discomfort related to gastroesophageal reflux and esophagitis: epigastric sense of fullness, heartburn, flatulence, upper abdominal pain.
- Nausea and vomiting.
MEPERINE® Oral suspension:
- Domperidone …………………………………… 60mg
In all cases, you must strictly comply with your doctor’s prescription.
MEPERINE® is most effective if taken a quarter to a half hour before the meal and, if need, before you go to bed. If you experience discomfort during or after meals, you can try MEPERINE® at these times as well.
- Adults and adolescents (over 12 years and over 35 kg): 10 to 20 ml, 3 or 4 times per day. The maximum dose per day is 80 ml.
- Infants and children: 0.25 to 0.5 ml/kg of body weight, 3 or 4 times per day. The maximum dose per day is 2.4 ml/kg, but do not exceed 80 ml per day.
Mode of administration: Oral route.
STORAGE: Store below 30ºC. Protect from light, heat and humidity.
- Very rare: hypersensibility reaction, extrapyramidal syndrome, gastrointestinal cramps, urticaria. Stop treatment with MEPERINE® and contact your doctor immediately.
- Common: psychiatric disorders (depression, anxiety, loss of libido), nervous system disorders (headache, somnolence, akathisia), gastrointestinal disorders (diarrhea), skin and subcutaneous tissues disorders (rash, pruritus), reproductive system and breast disorders (breast enlargement, painful and tender breasts, galactorrhea or difficulty in breast-feeding, irregular or stopped menstrual periods).
- Pregnancy: MEPERINE® should only be used during pregnancy when justified by the anticipated therapeutic benefit.
- Breast-feeding: MEPERINE® must not be taken during breast-feeding.
Inform your doctor or pharmacist about any side effect which is not mentioned in this leaflet.